Why use MetaMux 48K?
- TAP aggregation - funnel your tapped ports into a single stream;
- Packet filtering at 95 ns
- Fast multiplexing (many to one) with half the latency of the best conventional switches:
- Order entry switch with 99 ns latency (assuming no congestion);
- Layer 1 performance of MetaConnect:
- Suitable for latency critical paths with 5 ns latency port to port;
- Reconfigurable without rewiring - use as a patch panel or kill switch/circuit breaker;
- Broadcasts one to many in 5 ns;
- Ad-hoc tapping without rewiring;
- Cost savings through the use of less expensive SFP+ and network media - e.g. convert fibre to copper.
Features and Benefits
|One device; different applications||Can be configured in tap-aggregation (MetaWatch), multiplexing (MetaMux) or filtering (MetaFilter) modes. Can be used as a platform to host custom developed FPGA applications.|
|Tap aggregation with deep buffering||Tap, timestamp and aggregate up to 30 ports into a pair of output ports with 8GB egress buffer.|
|Fast 32:1 multiplexing||Aggregate streams from multiple sources into a single stream for hand-off to exchanges, microwave links, or WAN links. Also configurable as many N:1 multiplexers.|
|Integrated layer 1 switching||Patching, media conversion, tapping, replication, packet statistics. Wire-once and remotely reconfigure to reduce visits to the data centre. Use Layer 1 broadcast to implement a return path with a latency of just 5 ns and virtually no jitter.|
|Port Mirroring||Replaces taps to monitor or share feeds such as market-data with full regeneration and no additional overhead.|
|Deterministic||Know and rely upon your system's latency. Traffic passes through at 5 ns.|
|Flexible SFP/SFP+ support||
Allows the use of less expensive modules, including twin-ax copper cables, that are boosted by MetaMux's high performance signal recovery and regeneration.